Sunday, November 25, 2001

Procrastination XIV: Sloth's Revenge

Today was another day in which my laziness fot the better of me. I did a little bit of work on paper #2 (due Wednesday) and have started on my prospectus (due by 5 tomorrow). Fortunately, the prospectus is only ten pages, rather than fifteen as I originally thought. I'm going to try and do the bulk of the work tonight, and continue working on it tomorrow. The project description shouldn't be too hard, but I worry about the literature review and the methodology a bit. The last part is a bibliography, which is a no-brainer.

I wish that the vacation were longer, but I know that I would probably put things off just as much if I had the extra time. I get so frustrated with myself sometimes, yet that frustration doesn't seem to prevent me from procrastinating whenever I get the chance. I just overanalyze my procrastination problem and am too paralyzed to get down to work. It's only when I'm really desparate to get something done that it actually gets finished. Otherwise, I just can't work up the energy to focus on work. Oh, well.

In other news, I am literally counting the days until the semester ends and I can go back to California. I have a pretty exciting vacation in store. Seeing my family is always good of course, and in the case of winter break there isn't enough time for me to get frustrated with everybody. Plus, I'll get to see Marina and Fred, which should be a lot of fun. Right after I get back home, I'll be seeing the musical version of The Lion King and doing some last minute Christmas shopping with Marina. A bit later, I'll be flying to Seattle to visit Fred for a few days. It should be exciting, and it's something to look forward to as I wade through the sea of papers and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment