Wednesday, November 7, 2001

Food for Thought

Today I had the usual round of classes and stuff. I was able to get a decent amount of work done, which is always a good thing, though there is still quite a bit on my agenda. Tonight was also movie night for film class; we watched Sergei Eisenstein's Strike.

The cafeteria served less-than-good things today, so I ended up not eacting much. I was reminded of a thought I've had, usually during midterms and finals. During 'on' semesters, I tend to lose more weight than during an 'off' semester. It seems that, for some reason, I'm more able to do unpleasant work when I'm slightly hungry. Otherwise, I tend to be lethargic and procrastinate. I guess human beings, as organisms, don't feel an instinctual need to work (which at a basic level means getting food) when they're full. But this is just empty speculation...

Perhaps I can try and figure out a way to get in a more 'hardworking' mentality... spending a lot of time putting off work can really be draining, especially when the work catches up with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment