Thursday, November 15, 2001

Thor's Day

Today was relatively decent for a Thursday. I woke up early to drop off my paper, then checked my usual round of websites and had a half-hour nap before getting on the bus for Haverford(where I have my morning class). After class, I talked to my professor about reccomendations, but I'll expand on that later. I then walked back to Bryn Mawr (because we talked, I had missed the bus) and had lunch. I had a few minutes of downtime in which I typed a short proposal for a Chaotic Dynamical Systems final project (I want to do something on Koch snowflakes) before going to class. Class was pretty laid back, though the professor assigned us to present various exam problems to the class (he liked the way I did a certain problem on interest rates, so I'll be doing that one). I then went to my film class, after which I had another thesis meeting. Later that night, I had to talk for ten minutes about my thesis, which went okay, though I don't like talking about something unless I really know what I'm talking about.

Okay, now it's time to backtrack. I talked to the professor and she expressed some doubts about the entire 'applying to history and law grad schools' thing. Basically she said that, because of the limited prospects for history students, schools limit their number of students and only want people who are really passionate about history. I don't know if I am really that committed; the fact that I'm 'hedging my bets', so to speak, sort of testifies to that. Plus I think I could see myself going to law school more easily than history grad school. Taking that into consideration, I don't know whether it's worth the time and effort (not to mention the money) to apply. I am going to talk it over with my parents later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment