Saturday, November 17, 2001

Sleeping In

Last night I tried to go to sleep after the party had stopped and the music had been turned off; however, there were semi-drunk sounding people talking loudly on the stairs right by my door. Occasionally someone would say "Shhh!", but that really had no discernable effect. I tried to muffle it by putting pillows over my head, but that didn't help much either. I eventually fell asleep, but I didn't enjoy having a bunch of loud people right outside my door.

Unsurprisingly, I got a late start this morning. The alarm woke me up, but I was so tired that I just got up and turned it off before going back to sleep again. I was so groggy that I even unrooted one of my cactus plants in the process of going to my dresser to turn off the alarm and had to throw it away (luckily, I wasn't pricked or anything).

After waking up again, having lunch, and procrastinating, I did some work on the second part of my film class project; a 4-6 page analysis of a particular sequence of the film. I decided to do the Munchkinland sequence, so I ended up taking an insane amount of notes and DVD screengrabs to work with. Once I had finished with that, I made some progress on a book I'm reading for class; hopefully I'll get that finished early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment