Thursday, November 29, 2001

Fog and Rain

Today was good enough for a Thursday. I had trouble getting up this morning, but was nonetheless able to make the bus to Haverford for my class. My classes were fine; for my thesis class, the prof passed out snacks and wine as a way to celebrate the fact that she got some copies of her book today.

The weather today was very foggy, with a little bit of rain at times. I like having that sort of weather; I guess I've gotten my fill of sunny weather from living in LA for so long and thus can appreciate foggy weather. I love the way it diffuses the world around me, and how twigs and other things in the foreground seem crisper through the contrast with the rest of the atmosphere. I think fog lends an almost otherworldly appearance to my surroundings, something I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment