Thursday, November 22, 2001

Thanksgiving Eve

I was able to get some grad school forms over to my deans this morning, but other than that, I wasn't very productive. I spent most of the afternoon just surfing the web and chatting, though I was able to go over to the supermarket to get some food for tomorrow (Thanksgiving by yourself is depressing enough... no need to make it worse by not having any food around). It was a bit packed, unsurprisingly.

Right now, the campus is pretty deserted, with only a few diehards like me staying around for the break. Even some of the international students are able to get away by taking trips with friends. I know it would be terribly impractical to leave, though. I have three papers (one that's 15 pages long) to write in addition to applications and the usual reading. Plus airfare is steep, and it's just not worth it for such a short trip. But I do feel like something of an oddball nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment